We’re excited to officially announce the launch of CAPDA, our Canadian Airline Professional Development Academy! We are always looking for new ways to improve and modernize the aviation industry, and truly believe that the opening of CAPDA will allow us to continue leading the industry in developing airline professionals.
What is CAPDA?
CAPDA is part of the significant investments we have been making in aviation training research and development. CAPDA will focus on:
- Competency and evidence-based training
- Augmented and virtual reality
- Data analytics, and
- Innovative content development for open source learning
Working in collaboration with leading academics, CAPDA will offer advanced training, evaluation, analytics, and development tools for aviation professionals and industry.
Emerging Leaders Program
We are also excited to be introducing an Emerging Leaders Program designed to allow business, economics, and STEM graduates an opportunity to explore aviation management positions on a multi-discipline rotational basis. We’re currently in the process of creating an application for these positions. Interested in applying? Visit
- Air Georgian has always been an incubator for airline talent, having helped develop the careers of over 6000 pilots, hundreds of maintenance personnel, flight attendants, management personnel, dispatchers and other SOCC professionals over the past 25 years.
- Air Georgian is a leader in recruitment, training and business intelligence focused on continually evolving and bringing unparalleled development and leadership to the Canadian airline industry.
- We are ideally positioned to make significant contributions to the advancement of the industry by investing in how we train airline professionals as we continue to develop top-level industry talent for our airline partners.
While CAPDA will remain integral to Air Georgian, it will be managed as a standalone division, addressing broader industry requirements beyond the needs of Air Georgian while allowing the airline to focus on delivering best in class regional airline service.
We’re pleased to announce that Kristen Menecola will assume executive responsibility for CAPDA and will be named Vice President and Managing Director of CAPDA while maintaining her current role as Director of Technology and Communications at Air Georgian. Kristen has led the success of many initiatives within Air Georgian and we are excited to have her leading this project!
How Can You Get Involved?
CAPDA is looking for industry and academic partners as well as postgraduate students to work collaboratively with a broad array of professionals to develop training techniques, programs and systems to modernize and improve the way aviation and airline professionals are trained. Full-time, part-time and contract positions in the following disciplines are being introduced:
- Research and development
- Augmented/Virtual reality
- Software and courseware design
- Grant funding and sponsorship
Interested in any of these positions? Email us!